Sunday 18 November 2012

no idea at what a 'healthy portion'








This is all very well and good but my problem is i have no idea at what a 'healthy portion' really is.

 Is a portion of pasta 5g or 500g?
 I may get the ratio of the different kinds foods right but if I'm eating 3 times the amount I should it's not going to make any difference. 

 I read it as suggesting a balance by weight, rather than a variety including essentials.

O level biology in the early 80s taught me about essential foods - a little protein such as beans and some vitamins. 

I learned that the body can turn protein into fat & carbohydrate. 

Since then I've learned that roughage helps, preferably as leaves and other fresh little-cooked vegetables  (Then today I tried a search food types followed by "deficiency" and found that carbohydrate deficiency can exist in theory, if someone worked hard enough at avoiding carbohydrates.)


Fantastic the classification of Bean in the "Protein" section and equally clever to store the dry fruits in the section "Fruits and vegetables".

It really shows how much grey matter you put in the job. Know, i'm sure the population is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment